Monday, February 5, 2007

Excitement!!


I have reached the apex of my life, and can now only regress. The other day, I actually finished ye olde rubik´s cube, after three days of trying and looking up hints. I have included the following picture, just for proof.

And no, I didn´t just do these three sides and turn them to the camera. Other than that, life here in Spain goes on as normal. This weekend, we didn´t really do much. We went to see a movie Saturday night, which was kind of wierd. I understood almost everything, but mostly because it was accompanied my a picture. One thing that irks me is that the movies are dubbed in Spanish, so their mouths don´t match the words. I don´t know why, but when the sound doesn´t match what I see it is very irritating. On Sunday, after church, we went to Oscar´s parents house in a little town outside of Toledo, about a half hour from here. They were very nice and we played mus, pronounced moose, a popular card game with grandpa. Today, it was back to the old daily grind. Today was very boring because I have Art History twice and the teacher was sick, as well as Philosophy, in which I went to the English class for a second time because I don´t go. Speaking of English, I have been correcting a few of the essays, more like short answers, that the students turn in. They are overall, pretty good, but sometimes you get some good things. One that particularly tickled my funny bone was at the end of the persons paper, wanting to say to sum up, wrote to shump up. I was laughing about that one for a while. Writing it makes me giggle. She asked me what shump meant, becuase I was laughing really hard, and I told her nothing. I think she thought it was the wrong context or something like that. I hope soon to start my adventures after school. Today I got a map of the merto lines with prominent architecture you might find at each stop. There are other things I want to see, but we can start with that, and then you can see some of the splendor here.

I think my family here might think I´m aneorexic or something because they are always saying that I don´t eat enough. I eat what I normally do in the US. I just don´t like the idea of eating at 10 or 11, becuase I just go to bed after that, and when you don´t use the food you just ate, you ladies know where it goes. The toilet! Just kidding. I told Teresa that, but she didn´t really say anything, so I don´t know what she thinks. She pretty much makes me drink milk every morning, though I heap on the chocolate milk mix. I think that´s all I have to say for now.

Aside: Lena! If you are reading this, as I believe you will be, check your email. I sent you an email but it´s been a while and you haven´t written back. I´d like to hear from you, you bumoli! I miss you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! What an accomplishment! =) I hope things are going well, it sounds like they are from your blog!

Hillary said...

They seem like a really nice family and are treating you well. I hope you are enjoying your time. I love reading about your adventures in Espana. Keep up the blog!

Hillary said...

P.S. I'm also very impressed that you finished the rubik's cube. Way to go!

Logan said...

Well, I'd like to shump up how I feel about your post by saying, "Isn't that shumpthing!" About the food and milk: shumptimes different cultures have different food customs, like when the Brazilians eat their main meal at noon and then have nothing for dinner. I just learned to live on one meal and two snacks a day, and I survived. And I know, shumphow, you will too.