Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Soon

So I'll leave for the Y in about two weeks. I'm really excited, I just hate waiting because there's nothing for me to do until I leave so I'm just sitting around. I actually, for a summer job thingy, was a "teacher guide" to some Chinese students. What a fiasco that was. When I first got into it I thought they were Japanese and figured they'd be around my age, or at least 16. Then I got the applications of the students....They were Chinese and 12 and 13. I only ended up finding about 5 homes and I had 11 students, so one house had three and all the others had 2 and I had to give up my bed so that two students could use my room. Well the students were nice enough, I guess, but I had to teach an English class and that didn't go so well. All the kids just pretty much figured they were here on vacation and didn't pay much attention and it was frustrating. Then, all the activities I took them on they didn't like and were always wanting to go back to their host home. Anyway, so now they're finally gone and I'm just waiting for school to come.

No comments: